News‎ > ‎

Fly Tipping

posted 5 Jun 2020, 01:37 by Chorleywood Residents' Association
Though much good and kindness has been seen in our community since the lock-down, a downside has been increased fly tipping.  How you report this depends on the location:
  • On-road fly tipping in Hertfordshire is the responsibility of Hertfordshire County Council (HCC), to report incidents, please call 0300 1234 047 or use this link.
  • Off road fly tipping is handled by Three Rivers District Council (TRDC).  Call 01923 776611 or use this link .
  • Fly tipping on private land is the responsibility of the land-owner.
Did you know that leaving items beside street bins, recycling banks, outside closed Household Waste Recycling Centres and charity shops, counts as fly tipping?  Everyone is responsible for ensuring their household or business waste is disposed of correctly.

Always check that a waste carrier is registered with the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506, or by visiting  TRDC provide a bulky-waste collection service, further details may be found here