News‎ > ‎

HCC ask residents NOT to use FixMyStreet for reporting highway faults (including potholes)

posted 8 Feb 2018, 11:29 by   [ updated 25 Feb 2018, 11:00 ]
Residents are being asked to report any highway faults through the Hertfordshire County Council website - Highways Fault Reporting ( and not to use the 'FixMyStreet' website. Highway fault information reported through 'FixMyStreet' ties up HCC's resources but more importantly, it is not compatible with their system and as a result prevents them from providing the level of response they want to. HCC have said, for this reason, they are seriously considering rejecting further faults reported through this service. HCC are launching an upgrade to their own reporting system in April.

It isn't always clear which authority has responsibility for responding to issues such as potholes, road signs and street nameplates.  Unfortunately the two authorities use different reporting systems so you will need to refer to the list of issues below, before deciding which system to use:

  • All road issues (including potholes)
  • Road sign issues (including vandalism)
  • Street light issues
  • Traffic light issues
  • Footpath issues (including trip hazards)
  • Flooding
  • Blocked drains
  • Road obstructions
  • Pavement obstructions 

FixMyStreet - TRDC:
  • Street nameplate issues (including vandalism)
  • Graffiti
  • Parking or permit issues
  • Fly tipping
  • Litter and street cleaning
  • Dog Fouling
  • Noise issues
  • Fly posters
  • Abandoned vehicles
We have a guide to reporting faults via the HCC system on our website How Do I page or you can go directly to the HCC Fault Reporting webpage. Continue to use the Fix My Street app or website for any other problems listed above.